The Christian Evangel was published by J. Roswell Flower, an early leader of the Assemblies of God. In 1914, after the Assemblies of God was founded in Hot Springs, Arkansas, E. N. Bell joined J. R. Flower in publishing it.
The Christian Evangel along with the Word and Witness were the official mouthpieces of the Assemblies of God in its formative years. In 1916, the Word and Witness was discontinued, and the Christian Evangel became the Assemblies of God's sole weekly piece. In 1919, the Christian Evangel was renamed the Pentecostal Evangel.
The purpose of this site is to reclaim some of the lost legacy of the Christian Evangel and Assemblies of God history.